I have been on a guacamole kick lately, but unfortunately it is expensive and most of the store-bought products have added sugar in them. This is an easy recipe to make your own, and you have the comfort of knowing exactly what you are eating. I usually wait for avocados to go on sale and get them when they're soft and ripe. This recipe is super easy with the use of a food processor.
- 3 soft, ripe avocados
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro (or 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro)
- Pinch of ground cayenne pepper (optional)
- Peel avocados and mash them by hand or stick in food processor.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix.
- THAT'S IT
I like eating this with plain rice crackers and veggies, or I'll put it on a rice wrap and make a sandwich. Yum!