This is a great dehydrated snack to eat on the trails or munch on at home, and I think it tastes just like a coconut banana smoothie! It is nearly a clone of one of my favorite snacks: Go Raw Sweet Spirulina Sprouted Bites. I've been on a spirulina kick lately because this superfood can do many great things:
- Heavy metal detox
- Promotes the growth of beneficial bacteria in our intestines and suppresses Candida
- Strengthens the immune system
- Lowers blood pressure and cholesterol
- Lowers cancer risk
Although the Go Raw Sweet Spirulina Sprouted bites are delicious, they are also quite expensive! If you invest in a dehydrator, you can make them right at home and save lots of money!
- 1 cup sesame seeds, soaked for 1 hour
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 6 medjool dates
- 1 1/2 Tbsp spirulina
- Soak sesame seeds for 1 hour and drain
- Put all ingredients into food processor and blend until well-incorporated
- Spread mixture out on two dehydrator screens, about 1/4 inch thick
- Dehydrate at 110 degrees for ~24 hours
- When it is dehydrated to your liking, break it up into pieces and enjoy!
This snack goes quick at our house, so you might want to hide it too!