Get ready for the best strawberry crisp you've ever had!
If you want a healthy dessert that everyone will love, this is it! This strawberry crisp is flavorful, not too sweet, and goes great with homemade vanilla ice cream. The recipe was inspired by this strawberry cobbler.
Ingredients for strawberry filling:
- 4 cups strawberries, halved (I prefer frozen strawberries because they're easier to store, are already sliced, and taste just as good as fresh in this recipe)
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup (or a smidge less if desired)
Ingredients for crumble:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix ingredients for strawberry filling and transfer to an 8x8 baking dish.
- Mix ingredients for crumble and sprinkle it over the top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until crumbles are golden brown.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream, and enjoy!
Tip: Double the recipe so you don't have to fight over portion sizes with your friends!